Before You Go Out on Your PWC
Although a PWC is considered an inboard vessel and operators must follow the same rules and requirements that apply to other vessels, there are additional, specific considerations for the PWC operator.
Operating a PWC carries the same responsibilities as operating any other vessel. Before taking your PWC out on the water, you should:
- Read and understand the owner's manual.
- Take time to review the video most PWC manufacturers provide.
- Inspect your PWC periodically, and perform necessary maintenance to keep it in good operating condition.
- Be aware of all local, state, and federal laws that apply to PWC.
- Do not forget that in addition to obeying all boating laws, the PWC operator must adhere to laws specific to personal watercraft.