Towing a Person With a Vessel Legally
- It is illegal for a vessel to tow a person(s) on water skis, a surfboard, or any other device unless:
- A person at least 12 years old, in addition to the vessel operator, is on board observing the towed person(s) or …
- The vessel has a rearview mirror mounted such that the operator can observe the towed person(s) at all times.
- Operators of vessels towing a person(s) must maintain a reasonable distance from other vessels, people, and property so as not to endanger the life or property of any person.
- Stay at least 100 feet away from other vessels.
- Keep the skier out of shallow water and away from swimmers.