Table of Contents

Download the PDF Version

It's the Law

Marine Events

To hold a marine event on federally controlled waters, you must obtain a permit from the USCG.

When the marine event is held on state waters, a permit may be required by the controlling organization for that body of water. The event sponsor is responsible for ensuring the public’s welfare.

Events held on the Colorado River require a permit from the USCG Sector–San Diego.

Vessel operators competing in marine events may test the vessels prior to the event only if the operators have first obtained a permit from the AZGFD.

marine events