Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decals
The registration number and registration decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: AZ 3717 ZW or AZ-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decal must be affixed on both sides of the vessel within three inches in front of the AZ of the registration number.
If your vessel requires registration, it is illegal to operate it or allow others to operate your vessel unless it is registered and numbered.