Hull Identification Numbers
The Hull Identification Number (HIN) is a unique 12-digit number assigned by the manufacturer to vessels built after 1972.
- Hull Identification Numbers:
- Distinguish one vessel from another—the same as serial numbers distinguish one car from another.
- Are engraved in the fiberglass or on a metal plate permanently attached to the transom.
- You should write down your HIN and put it in a place separate from your vessel in case warranty problems arise or your vessel is stolen.
- Owners of vessels that do not have a HIN (those manufactured before October 1, 1972, or homemade vessels) must apply to have one issued by the Arizona Game and Fish Department. Vessels without a HIN may not be registered.
- It is illegal to remove or alter the HIN.