About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Arizona Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Arizona Boater Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

  • Vessel registration is staggered, similar to motor vehicle registration. The color and date on the registration decals indicate when the registration expires.
  • The application for transfer of ownership must be made within 15 days of purchase.
  • If you change your address, you must notify the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) within 15 days either in writing or online at: www.azgfd.gov/watercraft.
  • If you purchase a numbered vessel or if your watercraft is sold, stolen, lost, destroyed, or abandoned, you must report it to the AZGFD within 15 days.
  • If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Number or decal, you must apply in person or online to the AZGFD for a duplicate.
  • Vessels registered in another state or country may operate on Arizona waters for 90 consecutive days before Arizona registration and numbering are required.
  • Under federal and state law, you must register your watercraft in the state of principal use. If your watercraft is used more often in Arizona waters than your state of residence, then you must register your watercraft in Arizona.
  • Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG). Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information.
Arizona Vessel Registration Form

Registration application forms can be obtained from:

  • Any office of the Arizona Game and Fish Department
  • Many marine dealers