Lawful Operation of a PWC
- It is illegal to operate a PWC in an unsafe or reckless manner.
- It is illegal to become airborne or completely leave the water while crossing the wake of another vessel within 100 feet of the vessel creating the wake.
- It is illegal to weave through congested traffic.
- PWC operators must observe the navigation rules.
- It is illegal to follow too close to another vessel, including another PWC. (Note: Following too close means moving in the same direction and operating at a speed greater than 10 miles per hour when approaching within 100 feet to the rear of or 50 feet to the side of another vessel that is underway, unless the vessel is in a channel too narrow to keep the required distance, in which case a PWC may be operated at a speed that is reasonable and prudent.)