About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Arkansas Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Arkansas Boating Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

All motorboats powered by engines of more than 50 horsepower, and all personal watercraft (PWC), must be covered by a liability insurance policy.

  • The policy must provide at least $50,000 of liability coverage per occurrence.
  • It is illegal for the owner of such a vessel to operate it, or allow others to operate it, unless the vessel has the required insurance.

Proof of insurance must be carried on board the vessel and be available for inspection by an enforcement officer.

Registration applications for vessels requiring liability insurance must be accompanied by proof of the insurance policy.