Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decals
The registration number and stickers must be displayed as follows:
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward half of the vessel where it can be easily read.
- Number must read from left to right and be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen. For example:
CF 5573 JS or CF-5573-JS.
- No other numbers may be displayed in the vicinity of the registration number.
- Registration stickers must be affixed on both sides of the bow, three inches behind (towards the stern) and in line with the number.