About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed California Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your California Boater Card.

Learn More Register for the Course

Boats on a waterway

A complete copy of inland navigational rules must be kept for reference on board all vessels 12 meters (39.4 ft.) or more in length operating on inland waters. A copy of the “Navigation Rules International - Inland” booklet can be purchased by calling toll-free 1-866-512-1800.