Stop the Spread of Nuisance Species
To prevent spreading aquatic nuisance species:
- Inspect your vessel and trailer, and remove any plants and animals you see before leaving the area.
- Drain your motor, live well, and bilge on land before leaving the area.
- Empty your bait bucket on land. Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- Rinse your vessel, propeller, trailer, and equipment.
- Air dry your vessel and equipment for as long as possible.
There are specific drying times that need to calculated by each boater. Please refer to the 100th Meridian Initiative website to calculate the drying times.
The Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Fee is collected by the Department of Motor Vehicles to educate boaters and prevent further infestation of California waterways. For more information, visit: www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Invasives/Quagga-Mussels