Get Your Canada Boating License Online

Take this Transport Canada–approved course to complete your online boating safety education.

Canada Boating safety education card Accepted in all Provinces

Do you need Canada Boating education?

You need education if you will be operating a pleasure craft that has a motor and is used for recreational purposes in Canada. Proof of certification from any NASBLA–approved boating course is acceptable.

Get your Canada Boat License in 3 steps.

  1. Study and pass the $39.95 CAD course.

  2. Print your online course completion document.

  3. Get ready to go boating!

Transport Canada Requirements

There is no minimum age requirement to take this online course.

You do not have to be a resident of Canada to take this online course.

Learn More

What to Expect From Boat Ed

Live‐Action, High‐Definition Videos

Our course videos feature a combination of professional educators (who double as professional actors), entertaining storylines, and up‐to‐date scenarios that give you one of the most effective ways to learn safe boating practices.


Watch this 54-second sample to see how we put you in the driver’s seat.

Comprehensive Instruction in Canada Boating Safety Education

This official training program is developed to meet the standards for Boating safety education established by Canada. Boat Ed is the only safety course provider that develops print materials on behalf of government agencies responsible for Boating laws and regulations.

Learn Your Way on Any Device

Boat Ed offers online courses that are fully mobile-friendly from start to finish. This safety course is designed to work on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.

Saved Progress

You may complete the course at your own pace. The course can be completed in one sitting or a little at a time over several days. Log in and out at any time, and we'll keep track of your progress. Most students finish the course in a few hours.

We’re people, not robots.

Our customer service team, made up of real people with real Boat Ed experience, is here to provide assistance through all channels—phone, email, and chat.

8:30 a.m. to midnight CST Monday–Friday

8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Saturday & Sunday

Get help seven days a week from professionals like Bill, Diana, Heidi, Laura, Lilibeth, Liz, Marc, Nichole, and Thomas.

1-800-830-2268 toll-free



Email Boat Ed Support

Members of the Kalkomey Support Team

Canada Approved

Transport Canada logo

Transport Canada, Marine Safety and Security
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0N8

Made in North America

This Canada Boating safety course is proudly made to serve students, agencies, and organizations worldwide.

Is it the Boating safety licence?

You may have heard that you need the Canada Boat Licence to operate your boat, but what you really need is the Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC). Since it is a national card, this is the only PCOC that you need to operate a boat in all provinces. You can get the Pleasure Craft Operator Card by taking this boat safety course at Find out if you need the card.

Did you lose your card? Visit

Get Started →

Need help? Here are the answers to the questions Canada Boating students most frequently ask.

Frequently Asked Questions