Before You Go Out on Your PWC
Although a personal watercraft (PWC) is considered a pleasure craft and operators must follow the same rules and requirements that apply to other boats, there are additional, specific considerations for the PWC operator. Before taking your PWC out on the water, you should:
- Read and understand the owner’s manual.
- Take time to review the video most PWC manufacturers provide.
- Inspect your PWC periodically, and perform necessary maintenance to keep it in good operating condition.
- Be aware of all local, provincial, and federal laws that apply to PWCs.
- Do not forget that in addition to obeying all boating laws, the PWC operator must adhere to laws specific to personal watercraft.