Inflatable PFD Requirements
The conditions for inflatable PFDs to be approved under Canada’s Small Vessel Regulations are as follows.
Inflatable PFDs are not approved for persons who are:
- less than 16 years of age
- operating or riding on PWCs
- engaging in white-water paddling
Inflatable PFDs must have:
- An undamaged inflation cartridge that is in good working condition. If not, the PFD must be worn fully inflated.
- Compatible parts for the inflator and CO2 cylinder (see your owner’s manual). If the parts aren’t compatible, the PFD may not inflate properly.