What You've Learned
You've completed the material in Unit 2 of the Canada online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Be able to identify the types and uses of lifejackets, PFDs, buoyant heaving lines, lifebuoys, and reboarding devices, and state the legal requirements.
- Know the legal requirements for manual propelling devices, anchors, bailers, bilge pumps, fire extinguishers, ignition-protection devices, ventilation systems, mufflers, and engine shut-off lines.
- Know the legal requirements for visual signals—watertight flashlights and distress flares.
- Know the legal requirements for sound-signalling equipment and be able to use and interpret sound signals.
- Know the types and requirements for night navigation lights.
- Know the legal requirements for magnetic compasses, nautical charts, and radar reflectors.
- Know who can inspect your pleasure craft.