What You've Learned
You’ve completed the material in Unit 6 of the online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Understand how to practice risk management while boating.
- Recognize the symptoms and dangers of operator fatigue.
- Be able to take the proper safety actions if a pleasure craft capsizes, is swamped, sinks, or runs aground.
- Know how to avoid collisions and what to do if you are involved in a collision.
- Be able to respond properly to a fire emergency.
- Be able to prevent and respond properly to cold water immersion and hypothermia.
- Know how to treat and be able to recognize the symptoms of heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and seasickness.
- Know how to prevent and be able to recognize the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Know how to use fuel-burning appliances safely.
- Be able to obtain weather forecasts, recognize weather warnings, and know what to do if caught in severe weather.
- Know how to call for help if an emergency occurs.