Lawful Operation While Towing a Person With a Vessel
Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, inner tubes, or any similar devices and the persons being towed must do so safely and responsibly.
- The operator of the towing vessel and the skier must not operate in a manner which endangers the safety of persons or property. It is illegal to:
- Tow a skier in a restricted area or where an obstruction exists.
- Operate the vessel or manipulate the towed device in a way that causes the skier to strike or threaten to strike another person, vessel, or property.
- Operate the vessel or manipulate the towed device within 100 feet of
- any person in the water
- a pier, dock, float, or wharf
- any public or private vessel launching ramp
- any vessel at anchor or adrift