About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Delaware Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Delaware Boating Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

  • The Certificate of Number is valid for one or three years, at the option of the owner.
  • The owner of a registered vessel must notify the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC), Division of Fish and Wildlife Enforcement within 15 days if:
    • You change your address
    • The vessel is lost, stolen, destroyed, abandoned, or sold
  • Owners of vessels registered in another state have 60 days to transfer the registration to Delaware when Delaware becomes the state of principal use.
  • If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Number or decal, you must apply to the DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife or an authorized licensing agent for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.
  • Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG). Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information. (Read more about obtaining the U.S. Coast Guard’s Certificate of Documentation.)