The Handbook of Georgia Boating Laws and Responsibilities
The Official Boating Handbook of the Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division - Web Version
Table of Contents
|PWC||Boat Less Than 16 Ft. (Class A)||Boat 16 Ft. to Less Than 26 Ft. (Class 1)|
|Boating Safety Certificate on Board||✓ 1||✓ 1||✓ 1|
|Certificate of Boat Registration on Board||✓||✓||✓|
|Validation Decals Displayed||✓||✓||✓|
|PFDs: Type I, II, or III||✓ 2||✓ 3||✓ 3|
|PFD: Type IV||✓|
|Type B-I Fire Extinguisher||✓||✓||✓|
|Engine Cut-Off Switch||✓|
|Backfire Flame Arrestor||✓||✓ 4||✓ 4|
|Horn, Whistle, or Bell||✓ 5||✓ 5||✓ 5|
|Daytime VDSs||✓ 5|
|Nighttime VDSs||6||✓ 5||✓ 5|
- Applicable if operator is 12 to 15 years of age. See Who May Operate a Boat and Who May Operate a PWC for more information.
- Those on PWC must wear a PFD at all times.
- Those under the age of 13 must wear a PFD at all times while on any moving vessel.
- Required on inboards and stern drives only.
- Required on federally controlled waters.
- Not applicable to PWC because PWC are not allowed to operate between sunset and sunrise.