The Handbook of Georgia Boating Laws and Responsibilities
The Official Boating Handbook of the Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division - Web Version
Table of Contents
It is illegal to:
- Operate any vessel in such a way that it will interfere unnecessarily with the safe navigation of other vessels.
- Anchor a vessel in the traveled portion of a river or channel in a way that will prevent or interfere with any other vessel passing through the same area.
- Moor or attach a vessel to a buoy (other than a mooring buoy), beacon, light, or any other navigational aid placed on public waters by proper authorities.
- Move, displace, tamper with, damage, or destroy any navigational aid.
- Obstruct a pier, wharf, boat ramp, or access to any facility.
- Place buoys, markers, or signs in an attempt to regulate navigation on public waters.