The Handbook of Georgia Boating Laws and Responsibilities
The Official Boating Handbook of the Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division - Web Version
Table of Contents
Rivers usually have only narrow channels that are deep enough for vessel operation. To operate safely and avoid collisions when operating on a river, you must:
- Keep as far to the starboard (right) side of the river channel as is safe and practical.
- Proceed with caution and use the appropriate sound signals when:
- You are overtaking or being overtaken.
- Your view is obstructed, such as when you near a bend in the river.
- Follow the path of the river and do not cut corners as you approach a blind spot.