Displaying the Registration Number and Registration Decals
The registration number and registration stickers must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward half of the vessel, placed well above the waterline where it may be read easily.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by spaces or hyphens: HA 3717 ZW or HA-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the forward half of the vessel.
- Sticker must be placed three inches behind the number (towards the stern) and in line with the number on both sides of the vessel.