Recently passed legislation will help fund programs to prevent the introduction of invasive aquatic species in Idaho. The new law requires owners of motorized and non-motorized vessels to contribute to the Idaho Invasive Species Fund (IISF). The Idaho Department of Agriculture is responsible for management of the IISF program.
- Under the new law, you must purchase and display IISF stickers in order to launch and operate vessels legally in Idaho. This requirement applies to:
- Any boat that is registered in Idaho or another state
- Any non-motorized vessel (canoe, kayak, raft, drift boat, etc.)
- Only inflatable, non-motorized vessels less than 10 feet in length are exempt from the IISF sticker requirement.
- The fee for the sticker is in addition to any annual boat registration fees already being paid.