The Idaho Invasive Species Fund
Recently passed legislation will help fund programs to prevent the introduction of aquatic invasive species in Idaho. The new law requires owners of motorized and non-motorized vessels to contribute to the Idaho Invasive Species Fund (IISF). The Idaho State Department of Agriculture is responsible for management of the IISF program.
- Under the new law, you must purchase and display IISF stickers in order to launch and operate vessels legally in Idaho. This requirement applies to:
- Any motorized or sail-powered vessel that is registered and...
- Any non-motorized vessel (canoe, kayak, raft, drift boat, etc.)
- Vessels that have a valid Idaho registration are not required to have an additional invasive species sticker.
- Only inflatable, non-motorized vessels less than 10 feet in length are exempt from the IISF sticker requirement.
- The fee for the sticker is in addition to any annual boat registration fees already being paid.
Please visit Invasive Species of Idaho website or call 1-877-336-8676 for more information.