Recently passed legislation will help fund programs to prevent the introduction of aquatic invasive species in Idaho. The new law requires owners of motorized and non-motorized vessels to contribute to the Idaho Invasive Species Fund (IISF). The Idaho State Department of Agriculture is responsible for management of the IISF program.
- Under the new law, you must purchase and display IISF stickers in order to launch and operate vessels legally in Idaho. This requirement applies to:
- Any motorized or sail-powered vessel that is registered and...
- Any non-motorized vessel (canoe, kayak, raft, drift boat, etc.)
- Vessels that have a valid Idaho registration are not required to have an additional invasive species sticker.
- Only inflatable, non-motorized vessels less than 10 feet in length are exempt from the IISF sticker requirement.
- The fee for the sticker is in addition to any annual boat registration fees already being paid.
Please visit Invasive Species of Idaho website or call 1-877-336-8676 for more information.