The Idaho Invasive Species Fund
Recently passed legislation will help fund programs to prevent the introduction of invasive aquatic species in Idaho. The new law requires owners of motorized and non-motorized vessels to contribute to the Idaho Invasive Species Fund (IISF). The Idaho Department of Agriculture is responsible for management of the IISF program.
- Under the new law, you must purchase and display IISF stickers in order to launch and operate vessels legally in Idaho. This requirement applies to:
- Any boat that is registered in Idaho or another state
- Any non-motorized vessel (canoe, kayak, raft, drift boat, etc.)
- Only inflatable, non-motorized vessels less than 10 feet in length are exempt from the IISF sticker requirement.
- The fee for the sticker is in addition to any annual boat registration fees already being paid.