Display of Number and Decals
The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a two-inch space.
- Number must be a single color and clearly legible from a distance of 100 feet.
- Excise tax decals must be affixed on both sides of the bow, to the right of and within three inches of the number.
Certain sailboats may qualify for an alternate display location for these decals.