Titling Your Vessel
A vessel that must be registered also must have a certificate of title unless the vessel was:
- Acquired by the owner before January 1, 1986 or...
- Less than $3,000 in value when new or...
- Home-built for personal use and not for resale.
Although there are exemptions from titling, you still may want to title your vessel. A title verifies ownership in case the vessel is stolen.
Registration and title application forms can be obtained from:
- Any tax collector’s office
- Many marine dealers, marinas, and bait shops
- Any Bureau of Motor Vehicles License Branch
- The Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ website