Table of Contents

Download the PDF Version

It's the Law

Marine Events

Permits for regattas, motorboat or other boat races, marine parades, tournaments, or exhibitions to be held on Iowa state waters must be obtained by applying to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources at least 30 days in advance of the event. If the event is being held on federally controlled waters, a permit from the U.S. Coast Guard is required also.

The permit application for an event to be held on Iowa state waters is available online at: Rules-Regulations/Special-Events.

marine events