Proper Speed and Distance on a PWC
PWCs have the following speed and distance restrictions.
- At greater than “slow, no wake speed” in any posted “no wake zone”
- At greater than 5 miles per hour (mph) within 100 feet of another vessel that is underway at 5 mph or less
- At greater than 5 mph within 50 feet of another vessel that is underway at greater than 5 mph
- At greater than 10 mph unless vision is unobstructed for at least 200 feet ahead
- At greater than 10 mph within 300 feet of shore (except in specially zoned areas) on any inland lake or federal impoundment