About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Kansas Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Kansas Boater Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

A regatta of sailboats

You must apply to the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism for a permit in advance of regattas, motorboat or other boat races, marine parades, tournaments, or exhibitions to be held on state-controlled waters. A permit from the U.S. Coast Guard is required for an event on federally controlled waters.