Stop the Spread of Nuisance Species
To prevent spreading aquatic nuisance species:
- Effective January 1, 2012, Kansas state law requires you to drain your motor, live well, and bilge on land and remove the drain plugs before transporting your vessel on any public highway.
- Inspect your vessel and trailer, and remove any plants and animals you see before leaving the area.
- Drain your motor, live well, and bilge on land before leaving the area.
- Empty your bait bucket on land. Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- Rinse your vessel, propeller, trailer, and equipment.
- Air-dry your vessel and equipment for as long as possible.