What a Skier Should Do
When in the water, the skier should:
- Wear a PFD. You never know when a fall will knock you unconscious.
- Learn to use hand signals.
- Never ski under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This is illegal and extremely dangerous because of the damage to your judgment and reflexes.
- Never spray swimmers, vessels, or other skiers. Such activity is illegal, dangerous, and discourteous.
- Never wrap any part of the tow rope around your body.
- Always hold a ski up out of the water after falling or after dropping the rope so that the boat operator and other vessels can see you.
- Never approach the back of the boat unless the engine has been shut off. Otherwise, you could be seriously injured by the boat's propeller.