About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Kansas Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Kansas Boater Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In Kansas, all vessels powered by gasoline, diesel, electric motors, or sail must be registered and numbered in Kansas. Sailboards and personal watercraft (PWCs) are considered vessels. Exceptions to registration are:

  • Vessels without any kind of motor or sail
  • Vessels properly registered in another state and using Kansas waters for up to 60 consecutive days

If your vessel requires registration, it is illegal to operate it or allow others to operate your vessel unless it is registered and numbered.