About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Kentucky Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Kentucky Boater Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

All vessels, including PWCs, are required to have a Type B fire extinguisher(s) on board if the vessel is equipped with any device which consumes a petroleum product (for example, engines, lanterns, stoves, etc.).

Approved types of fire extinguishers are identified by the following marking on the label—“Marine Type USCG Approved”—followed by the type and size symbols and the approval number.