More Exemptions to the Boating Education Requirements
The following persons born after July 1, 1972, also are exempted from the boating education requirements:
- Anyone licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard to operate a commercial vessel
- Persons visiting Maryland for 90 days or less in a vessel from a foreign country
- Residents of another state boating on Maryland waters for 60 days or less in a vessel properly registered in their home state who:
- Are at least 16 years of age or…
- Have proof that they have passed a boating safety education course approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.