Stop the Spread of Invasive Species
Boaters should learn to identify non-native species that they may encounter and take precautions to prevent the spread of these nusiance species.
- Remove all visible aquatic plants and animals from your boat, motor, trailer, and accessory equipment before leaving the access area.
- Dispose of live bait and aquatic animals in the trash. Do not release live bait into the water.
- Drain live wells and all water from boats before leaving the access area.
- Power-wash boats and trailers whenever possible, or dry all equipment thoroughly, before leaving the access area.
- Allow boats to dry for at least 10 days before launching into a different body of water.
Please help support invasive species control, research, and education efforts. Purchase a Great Lakes Specialty Decal at the Michigan Electronic Store at www.michigan.gov/michiganestore.