The Handbook of Missouri Boating Laws and Responsibilities
The Official Boating Handbook of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Water Patrol Division - Web Version
Table of Contents
It is illegal to:
- Anchor a vessel in the traveled portion of a river or channel that will prevent or interfere with any other vessel passing through the same area.
- Moor or attach a vessel to a buoy (other than a mooring buoy), beacon, light, or any other navigational aid placed on public waters by proper authorities.
- Move, displace, tamper with, damage, or destroy any navigational aid.
- Obstruct a pier, wharf, boat ramp, or access to any facility.
- Mark or obstruct the water of this state in any manner so as to endanger the operation of watercraft or conflict with the marking system prescribed by the MSHP.
- Operate or otherwise position a vessel, other object, or any person in such a manner so as to obstruct or impede the normal flow of traffic on the lakes of this state.