About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Missouri Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Missouri Boating Safety Certification Card.

Learn More Register for the Course

Outboard motors, regardless of horsepower (excluding electric trolling motors), are required to have a Certificate of Title and to be registered with the state of Missouri.

  • Application for a title and for registration must be made within 60 days of purchase or entry into the state.
  • The registration of a motor is permanent as long as ownership is not changed.
  • Owners of registered motors are issued a motor registration decal, which should be displayed on the left side of the outboard motor.