About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Montana Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Montana Boater Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Boating Accident Report Form

An accident must be reported to the local sheriff's office or a Fish, Wildlife & Parks law enforcement officer if it caused:

  • The death or disappearance of any person
  • An injury requiring medical treatment beyond first aid
  • Property damage in excess of $100

Accidents should be reported on accident report forms available from the county sheriff's office; Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks offices; or FWP law enforcement officers.