About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Nevada Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Nevada Boater Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Boaters are required to purchase an Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) decal from NDOW before operating a vessel on Nevada waters. Funds generated by the decals support an AIS prevention and mitigation program. Decals can be purchased at any NDOW office, online at www.ndowlicensing.com, or by calling 866-703-4605.

  • motorized vessels: $10 (residents), $20 (non-residents)
  • non-motorized vessels: $5 (residents), $10 (non-residents)

Must display decal:

  • in- and out-of-state motorized vessels
  • non-motorized vessels including rowboats, canoes, sit-in kayaks, and sit-on-top kayaks


  • stand-up paddleboards
  • self-bailing sit-on-top kayaks without internal storage
  • float tubes and similar craft that will not retain water

For more information about requirements and exemptions, as well as where to place the decal on your vessel, go to http://www.ndow.org/Boat/Aquatic_Invasive_Species/Decal_Information/.