About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed New Hampshire Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your New Hampshire Safe Boating Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

A regatta of sailboats

Permits from the New Hampshire Marine Patrol (NHMP) are required for tournaments, regattas, races, or any other water event. A permit also is required to place a water-skiing jump or water-skiing course, tow a kite glider or parasail, or tow more than two persons behind your vessel. Penalties exist for participating in or refusing an officer’s instruction to leave a water event that has not been issued a permit.