About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed New Hampshire Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your New Hampshire Safe Boating Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Every vessel that has an engine other than an electric motor must have a fire extinguisher on board. Foam, carbon dioxide, dry chemical, and halon extinguishers may be used to fight Type B fires.

Approved types of fire extinguishers are identified by the following marking on the label—“Marine Type USCG Approved”—followed by the type and size symbols and the approval number.