Safe Boating Certificate
A Safe Boating Certificate may be obtained by persons 16 years of age or older only and must be carried on board.
- New Hampshire accepts the following boating education certificates:
- A boating certificate issued by another State agency and NASBLA approved
- A boating certificate issued by the US Power Squadron
- A boating certificate issued by the USCG Auxiliary
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the USCG
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the State of New Hampshire
- A course that has been approved by Transport Canada
- If you wish to operate a motorboat on New Hampshire waters and you do not have any of the above certificates, please visit our website www.boatingeducation.nh.gov, or call us at 1-888-254-2125.