Reporting an Accident
The operator also must:
- Report the accident immediately to the local law enforcement agency and...
- File a New Mexico Boating Accident Report with the State Parks Division within 48 hours of the accident if it caused:
- Death or personal injury that required more than standard first aid or...
- Disappearance of any person under circumstances that indicate the possibility of death or injury or...
- Damage to the vessel(s) or other property exceeding $100.
Accident report forms must be sent to the following address. The forms are available from this same address or from the office of any state park with a lake.
New Mexico State Parks Division
1220 South Saint Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
If an official accident report form is not immediately available, the list of required operator reporting information is available under “New Mexico Boating Accident Reporting.”