Requirements Specific to PWC
In addition to adhering to all boating laws, PWC operators have requirements specific to their vessel.
- Everyone on board a PWC while underway must wear a USCG–approved Type I, II, III, or V PFD.
- An operator of a PWC equipped with a lanyard-type engine cut-off switch must attach the lanyard to his or her person, clothing, or PFD.
- A PWC may not tow a water-skier or a person(s) on a similar device unless:
- The PWC has manufacturer-approved seating for at least three people and…
- There is a vacant seat for the skier and…
- An observer, in addition to the operator, is on board.
- It is illegal to chase, harass, or disturb wildlife with your PWC.