Requirements Specific to Skiing and Tubing
Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis or any similar devices must obey these laws also.
- All persons being towed must wear a USCG–approved Type I, II, or III PFD.
- It is illegal to tow a person(s) between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
- Vessels towing a person(s) on water skis or a similar device must carry on board a bright red or orange skier-down flag. The flag must be displayed whenever the towed person(s) is in the water, and must be visible in all directions.
- Every PWC towing a person(s) on water skis or a similar device must have:
- Manufacturer-approved seating for at least three people with a vacant seat for the skier and...
- An observer on board, in addition to the operator.