Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Stickers
The registration number and validation stickers must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen that is the width of a letter: NY 3717 ZW or NY-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may displayed on either side of the bow.
- Stickers must be displayed on both sides of the bow, placed in line with and three inches to the stern of the registration number.