PWC Rental Operations
- Liveries are prohibited from renting PWCs to anyone less than 16 years of age.
- Liveries must explain and demonstrate proper use of a PWC either in person or by video to a prospective renter. Then the prospective renter must demonstrate to the livery that he or she has the ability to operate safely and use the safety equipment.
- Prospective renters are required to provide proof of identification and age to the livery at the time of renting. The livery must retain a record of the rental for at least one year.
- If the renter is 18 years of age or younger, he or she must have a valid Boating Safety Certificate.
- If the renter is older than 18 years of age, he or she may operate without a Boating Safety Certificate if:
- Operation is restricted to a specific area and the entire area is within 2,500 feet of the livery or …
- A livery agent is assigned to supervise operation of the rented PWC, the supervisor is always within 500 feet of the rented PWC, and the PFD of the PWC operator is clearly marked so that the operator is easily distinguished by the supervisor.