Who May Operate a Personal Watercraft
To operate a personal watercraft (PWC) in New York, the following restrictions apply.
- If you are under 14 years of age, you may not operate a PWC legally.
- If you are 14 years of age or older, you must:
- Have passed a boating safety course approved by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and …
- Carry your Boating Safety Certificate on board the PWC or be accompanied on board the PWC by a person 18 years of age or older who holds a Boating Safety Certificate.
- No one under the age of 16 may rent a PWC.