Alternative Registration Option for Hand-Powered Vessels
An owner of a hand-powered canoe, rowboat, or inflatable vessel may choose to do either of the following:
- Have it numbered, pay a lesser registration fee, and obtain two square tags (Traditional Registration option) or ...
- Not have it numbered, pay a higher registration fee, and obtain a single rectangular tag (Alternative Registration option).
Hand-powered vessels only
Alternative tag placement options are:
- The upper right corner of the transom, placed so that the tag does not interfere with legibility of the Hull Identification Number (HIN)
- On a deck on the rear half of the vessel
- On the outside, below the port side gunwale
- On the inside, on the upper portion of the starboard side gunwale so that it is visible from the port side