Local Rules and Ordinances
Local jurisdictions may have additional boating laws, rules, or ordinances. The operator of any vessel is obligated to know the laws.
- Local jurisdictions may include but are not limited to neighboring states; Ohio Division of Wildlife; Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; and city, village, county, or township governments.
- Local rules may include:
- Horsepower or speed limits
- Vessel type and size restrictions
- Zoning restrictions or traffic patterns
- Additional equipment requirements
- Other general prohibitions